As an artist, Janina feels happiest when recreating images of the ocean in her paintings. “I hope that through my art and my love of the sea, I can make my voice heard and make a difference.”
- In November 2021 her illustration ‘Mangroves’, which was part of the Sketch For Survival competition by Explorers against Extinction, was selected to be featured in the VIP area of the Blue Zone of the COP26 UN Climate Change Conference In Glasgow, Scotland.
- In May 2022, she was part of the ART FOR CHANGE program during the Change NOW summit in Paris, France. Four artworks from her book "123, Who’s Cleaning the Sea?" were exhibited in the Grand Palais Éphémère. She was also a speaker in the panel 'building a culture for change’.
- In June 2022, her Mangrove illustration got exhibited during the 'World Ocean Week’ for World Ocean Day at the Explorers Club HQ in New York, U.S.A.
(Explorers Club Member since January 2023)
- In December 2022, a selection of her artwork was exhibited at POLITICO, the Sustainability Future Week in Brussels, Belgium as part of the summit and Politico Art Fair
- In January 2023, her artwork to raise awareness of plastic pollution got exhibited with the German Ocean Foundation at the Love your Ocean platform at the BOOT / Boat Show Düsseldorf, Germany
- In February 2023, her artwork got selected to be presented in Vancouver, Canada for the Fifth International Marine Protected Areas Congress (IMPAC5) - presenting a 5min video about her school-artivism work.
- Part of the world Tour Oceanic 31 with the Thresher Shark design. The pieces of oceanic 31 will go on tour around the UK in 2023/24, with limited edition prints of some pieces available to purchase next year. Finally, after touring the UK, the pieces will be auctioned and raffled off to raise vital funds to help our conservation work as part of the #BigSharkPledge.
Discover all exhibitions